*SPOILERS* WWE RAW Taping Results From London, U.K.Apr 16, 2012 - 5:34:29 PM By Badrose
Dean Ambrose defeated Alex Riley. Ambrose won with a running knee. Amazingly, Riley is still quite over.
- Lilian Garcia opened with God Save the Queen.
- Raw opens with Mark Henry in the ring. C.M. Punk came out to a big pop and their match will open the show.
- C.M. Punk vs. Mark Henry in a no DQ, no countout match for the WWE Championship is in progress. Punk's pop was massive and Lee wonders how well it will come across on television. Sexual Chocolate chants soon followed. Punk struggled to get offense early on. Punk won with a top rope elbow drop while holding a chair. It was like a Van Terminator-like elbow drop.
After the match, Chris Jericho interrupted to announce that his Extreme Rules match with Punk will be a Street Fight. Jericho taunts Punk and shows footage from earlier today of Punk entering a local bar/pub. Jericho wonders if Punk is drunk. Punk tell him to come find out and then says he was having fish and chips with his friends. Jericho says it’s no longer about being the best – it’s about beating Punk’s ass.
- Santino Marella defeated David Otunga to retain the WWE United States Title. Very quick match. Santino spent more time doing a soccer shirt bit beforehand than the actual match lasted.
- Josh Mathews is backstage with Lord Tensai. Tensai talks in Japanese and says something about knowing what to fear and fearing the unknown.
- There are Brock Lesnar sound bytes airing throughout the show. He is swearing, but it's being bleeped out.
- Kane defeated Zack Ryder after KO’ing him with a chokeslam. Kane talked about Randy Orton and what happened on SmackDown with Cowboy Bob Orton. They played Kane’s old Man on Fire music as he left.
- Backstage segment with AJ Lee and Kofi Kingston when Daniel Bryan walks up. Lots of YES chants from the crowd. He’s re-named the LaBell Lock the Yes Lock.
- John Cena came out for a promo. The anti-Cena fans outnumber the pro-Cena fans roughly 70-30. Cena talks about how WrestleMania 28 could have been the end of his era and about how John Laurinaitis wants to replace him. Cena talks about Lesnar and Extreme Rules. Cena says Lesnar is right – he is afraid but he will still fight. Out comes Laurinaitis. He says it’s the beginning of the People Power Era. Laurinaitis announces an Extreme Rules match for Cena tonight but won’t name the opponent. He also announces a contract singing for next week’s 3 hour RAW with Cena and Lesnar.
- Backstage comedy segment with Hornswoggle and R-Truth, dressed as Sherlock Holmes.
- Kofi Kingston vs. Daniel Bryan is up next. Huge YES chants for Bryan. Bryan wins after a good back and forth match with the Yes Lock, formerly the LaBell Lock. The crowd goes nuts for Bryan. Bryan re-applied the hold after the match until Sheamus came out. Bryan dodged a Brogue Kick and left as the crowd was still chanting.
- Brodus Clay beat Dolph Ziggler by DQ when Jack Swagger interfered. Vickie Guerrero got into it at ringside with one of Clay’s dancers. Clay and his dancers dance in the ring to end it.
- A video for the late Chief Jay Strongbow airs.
- Big Show and The Great Khali defeated Primo and Epico in a non-title match. Khali looked awful and nearly fell over after delivering the big boot. It was a squash with the giants hitting simultaneous chokeslams for the win. Show was the only one in the match who received a decent reaction. Lots of quick matches. Show didn't even tag in, and Primo and Epico got no offense.
- John Cena's mystery opponent for the main event is Lord Tensai. It's interesting that they gave this away before the match.
- Lord Tensai defeated John Cena. There were a lot of "Albert" and dueling Cena chants. David Otunga interfered a bit with John Laurinaitis barking orders from ringside. Tensai won after spitting green mist into Cena's eyes. The crowd seemed stunned by the outcome of the match.
The television show will conclude with Cena getting medical attention and being carried to the back. He did a good job of selling the eye injury.
C.M. Punk beat Chris Jericho by DQ in a WWE Championship Match. Punk won by DQ when Daniel Bryan interfered. Sheamus, Cody Rhodes, Big Show, Alberto Del Rio, and Randy Orton all did run-ins.
EXCLUSIVE: World Title to Change Hands at Extreme Rules
SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH OTHERS:
ADD YOUR COMMENT ABOUT THIS ARTICLE:
comments powered by Disqus